IRON WOODS® GARAPA
IRON WOODS® GARAPA
PREMIUM GARAPA GOLD. Iron Woods® Garapa is a durable, well performing alternative to Ipe. A more affordable option than Ipe, and often chosen by architects, builders, and homeowners for its attractive, naturally rich honey-golden brown color. Garapa’s strong durability, fine grain, and unparalleled performance put it in the forefront of deck designer’s minds.
Iron Woods Garapa slightly darkens upon exposure to ultraviolet light, resulting in a golden-brown hue similar to natural teak wood, eventually weathering to a natural silver patina if left unfinished.
Similar to our other Iron Woodsin performance, Garapa hardwoods can be brought back to its original beauty with regular cleaning and a coat of exotic hardwood oil applied annually, or as desired.
- 100% HEARTWOOD
- 100% CLEAR, no visible defects or sapwood streaks
- Graded on all faces and edges to allow for desired face selection
- All available dimensions are kiln dried and pre-stabilized
- Kiln dried decking is superior in appearance, stability, surface quality and finish penetration
- Light sensitive Garapa star ts as a warm pale yellow to honey golden brown adjusting quickly upon UV exposure to a natural teak color range
- Mixed fine to slightly coarse grain.
- Regular cleaning, brightening and refinishing with exotic hardwood oil to maintain or restore its natural color
- Exterior architectural millwork included but not limited to decking, cladding, rail, posts, trim, furniture, boat building
|NOMINAL SIZE||ACTUAL SIZE||PROFILES||LENGTHS|
|1X4 KD||.75″x3-1/2″||S4S||8′-20′ EVEN|
|5/4×6 KD||1″x5-1/2″||S4S||8′-20′ EVEN|
|5/4×6 KD||1″x5-1/2″||GROOVED||8′-20′ EVEN|
|2×4 KD||1-1/2″x3-1/2″||S4S||8′-20′ EVEN|
|2×6 KD||1-1/2″x5-1/2″||S4S||8′-20′ EVEN|
|2×8 KD||1-1/2″x7-1/4″||S4S||8′-20′ EVEN|
|4×4 AD||3-1/2″x3-1/2″||S4S||8′-12′ EVEN|
Talk to a product specialist
7:00am - 5:00pm EST M-F
Trim & Moulding