- PWT Treated LVL is the only manufacturer of treated LVL, and it is covered by a 25-year limited, transferable warranty.
- PWT Treated LVL is protected against damage caused by fungal rot, decay and wood-destroying insects, including Formosan termites (interior or exterior usage.)
- We use a proprietary treatment system and process, utilizing TRU-CORE® technology.
- PWT Treated LVL may be used in exterior construction above-ground applications
(UC3B) and for components that are difficult to maintain, repair, or replace and that
are critical to the performance and safety of the entire system:
– Deck substructures, exterior columns, sill plates and fascia
- Treatment is added during the LVL manufacturing process, which fully penetrates
throughout each veneer layer, offering complete protection from the inside out
- No treatement gradient – and double (2X) the preservative retention
required in various standards around the world
- Additionally, envelope treated for best surface properties
PWT TREATED LVL
TREATED LAMINATED VENEER LUMBER
Laminated veneer lumber (LVL) is used in structural applications such as beams, headers, and hip/valley rafters. Because of how it is manufactured, it is available in lengths far beyond conventional lumber lengths, capable of carrying more load, and is dimensionally stable.
REFERENCE DESIGN VALUE
True (Shear-Free) Modulus of Elasticity,
E = 2,000,000(1)(4)
Fb = 2,800(2)(3)
Horizontal Shear (beam),
Fv = 285 psi
Compression perpendicular to grain [psi], Fc = 850 psi
(1) Do not adjust for load duration.
(2) Adjust by (12/d)0.2, where d is the depth of the member [inches].
(3) Adjust by 1.04 for repetitive members as defined in the NDS.
(4) True (Shear-Free) modulus of elasticity does not account for shear deformation.
(5) See APA Product Report PR-L329.
Talk to a product specialist
7:00am - 5:00pm EST M-F
Trim & Moulding