Coastal Forest Products realizes that constant learning and education of our customers helps everyone’s business. Educated sales departments make informed product recommendations leading to greater customer satisfaction and increased sales.
We’ve made a commitment to the education process by developing the College of Knowledge. This program geared towards building your two-tiered market training can be completed at our state-of-the-art facility in Bedford, NH or at your location with our mobile classroom. Sessions range from an hour to full day work shops.*
Training sessions can be focused on any of our products as well as general sessions focused on your specific needs. Popular topics include:
- Wood 101 – a basic knowledge of wood including origin, harvesting, processing, and installation
- Factory Finishing – details the benefits of factory finishing, the products, and how to sell as an added value product.
- Decking/Handrail – Discusses the available options, how to sell added-value products over pressure treated lumber
- Siding – Covers the options available between; clapboards, shingles and fiber cement. Factory finishing is also included in this section.
*Minimum number of students may apply
In addition to the courses listed, Coastal offers several AIA Accredited courses held on-site or on-line, which qualify for LU credits.
Timber Holdings USA
- Course Description – “Provides an overview of naturally durable wood products, their role, and applications within the green building movement”
- Credit Designation – 1 LU (HSW)
- Course Format – Content is providing in a Power Point slide show.
- Four Learning objectives – 1) Identify species-specific forms of historical applications for naturally durable wood products as well as more recent applications and current trends. 2) Describe the life-cycle benefits and durability ratings of commercially available naturally durable wood species in terms of both performance and sustainability. 3) Discuss the laws, organizations and programs promoting sustainability. 4) Explain the importance of working with experienced and knowledgeable vendors of naturally durable wood products to develop sustainable product specifications
Primary Point of Contact – Brian Lotz, Instructor.
Course Title – Cellular PVC Trim: The Design Advantages
- Course Description – Provides an overview of the types, features, and benefits of designing with cellular PVC trim, including a discussion on the installation guidelines and manufacturing processes.
- Credit Designation – 1.0 LU(HSW)
- Course Format – Power Point slides
- Four Learning objectives –
Primary Point of Contact – John Pace , Instructor, Wolfpac Technologies, Inc.
LP Building Products
LP has been committed to continuing education for more than 10 years by offering courses for builders, architects and remodelers. LP University is a service devoted to providing continuing education to those in the building trades. Our courses are designed to help them reach the highest level of success possible, whether it’s renewing a license or to learn an entirely new subject or product application.
For more information
visit LP University