Coastal Forest Products realizes that constant learning and education of our customers helps everyone’s business. Educated sales departments make informed product recommendations leading to greater customer satisfaction and increased sales.
We’ve made a commitment to the education process by developing the College of Knowledge. This program geared towards building your two-tiered market training. Sessions range from an hour to full day work shops.*
Training sessions can be focused on any of our products as well as general sessions focused on your specific needs. Popular topics include:
- Wood 101 – a basic knowledge of wood including origin, harvesting, processing, and installation
- Factory Finishing – details the benefits of factory finishing, the products, and how to sell as an added value product.
- Decking/Handrail – Discusses the available options, how to sell added-value products over pressure treated lumber
- Siding – Covers the options available between; clapboards, shingles and fiber cement. Factory finishing is also included in this section.
*Minimum number of students may apply
In addition to the courses listed, Coastal offers several AIA Accredited courses held on-site or on-line, which qualify for LU credits.
Course Title – Cellular PVC Trim: The Design Advantages
- Course Description – Provides an overview of the types, features, and benefits of designing with cellular PVC trim, including a discussion on the installation guidelines and manufacturing processes.
- Credit Designation – 1.0 LU(HSW)
- Course Format – Power Point slides
- Four Learning objectives –
Primary Point of Contact – John Pace , Instructor, Wolfpac Technologies, Inc.
LP Building Products
LP has been committed to continuing education for more than 10 years by offering courses for builders, architects and remodelers. LP University is a service devoted to providing continuing education to those in the building trades. Our courses are designed to help them reach the highest level of success possible, whether it’s renewing a license or to learn an entirely new subject or product application.